In cooperation with China CNR, Shanghai Rail Transportation Equipment Development Co., Ltd continually provides clients with state-of-the-art, comprehensive solutions for rail transportation systems. The central development areas include: integrated research and development for railcar and electromechanical systems; manufacture of vehicles and key parts; contracting for the engineering and construction of electromechanical systems and platform screen door systems; vehicle and electromechanical equipment maintenance; not to forget financing services for special projects. Our products predominate in Shanghai, Nanjing, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, etc.
1. Vehicles, The company can build 300 metropolitan railcars per annum and maintain more than 200 railcars. has delivered over 900 railcars to Shanghai Shentong Metro Co., Ltd. They have proved to be durable and reliable in their performance.
2. At this time, the wheel truck project at Rail Transit Company Minhang production is being launched. An estimated annual production figure of 600 wheel trucks is projected for 2012.
Platform screen door project for urban rail stations
1. Has a unique mechanical locking/unlocking function and electrically controlled redundant design to guarantee safe operation. It has passed the tests on different, existing underground lines and gained the approval of relevant government agencies.
2. Using an omni-seal mechanism, the platform screen doors passed various tests and can substantially improve the energy savings of the environmental control systems while ensuring a comfortable riding environment.
3. Inspections by public authorities showed the product’s noise level to only reach 58dB(A) against a background noise level of 46dB(A). 66N manual force is required to open and close the door. All the performance data are better than similar domestic products.
New-type ONIX traction inverter for underground trains
Being one of the most advanced railcar traction system products in the world, the new-type ONIX traction inverter has the following features:
1. It uses an AC VVVF speed governor system, which can exercise high-efficiency and intelligent vehicle operation control and also assume anti-idling and anti-skidding functions. By employing a regenerative braking system, the inverter can save energy and ensure low-carbon emissions.
2. Using a modular and standardized structure, the inverter can be conveniently modified, according to a client’s needs. It can also be manufactured in series and can be easily repaired or maintained on location or in-situ.
3. It uses an advanced dual 32bit microprocessor-controlled computer system and interfaces well with the vehicle’s network system. As a result, it is suitable for networking with urban rail transit, for example, and may be used in a fully-automated guidance system for unmanned trains (a pilot project in China);
Wheel trucks for 120 km/h high-speed urban rail vehicles
1. The wheel trucks use disc braking technology to improve a vehicle’s braking ability and thus safeguard the smooth operation of a train.
2. Elastic suspension technology is used in installing an electric motor, which can improve on the conditions of stress that wheel trucks are exposed to and in turn, prolong the wheel trucks’ lifespan.